At Strauser Construction Co., Inc. we work to create the safest possible environment for each person who arrives at one of our projects. This is done through safety plan implementation, training, and by requiring a commitment from each employee to be part of a team dedicated to creating an atmosphere where safety is the priority.
On a Strauser Construction project safety planning is both all encompassing and a daily activity. At the inception of each project a Project Specific Safety Plan is created and a Superintendent/Foreman trained to maintain safe working conditions is assigned to the project. This jobsite supervision then meets with the Project Manager, our own tradesmen, and subcontractor foreman on a daily basis to discuss activities and identify any hazards. These supervisors along with safety personnel also conduct regularly scheduled on-site safety meeting that deal with relevant topics.
The objectives of this team approach to safety are:
- Outline the duties and responsibilities of each employee in creating a safe working environment.
- Establish policies and procedures for all employees
- Identify potential hazards at the start of a project and as conditions evolve.
- Create a safety plan specific for each project and its tasks that eliminate hazards.
- Identify and address concerns; allow tradesmen the opportunity to provide valuable insight
- Identify any additional training required for employees
- Prevent near misses
- Create an injury-free workplace
SAFETY AT STRAUSER CONSTRUCTION
- Company Safety Plan
- Company Fall Protection Plan
- Project & Site Specific Safety Plans
- Pre-Construction Safety Meeting
- Regularly scheduled On-site Safety Meeting for trades
- Site Specific Fall Protection Plan
- Fall Protection Certification Training
- Aerial Platform & Lift Training
- Tool & Equipment Safe Use Training
- CPR & First-Aid Trained Staff
- Drug Testing Program
- Management & Field Supervision experienced in maintaining a safe working environment